Monday, January 10, 2011

The Red Pot

I love the colour red. When I saw this pot at my favorite home store recently, I knew we belonged together. My daughter suggested I let it sit on my stove as part of my kitchen decor and so that's where it lives. Today I decided to make soup out of last night's roasted chicken. I always think of my mom when I make soup. She made the best soups ever and it seems to be such a cozy thing to do on a cold Canadian January afternoon. While I quilted away downstairs, the simmering soup filled the house with delicious smells. I'll put the leftovers in the fridge and voila...I have lunch for tomorrow! Yummm!

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful pot! Can you put it in the oven to make bread? I've been searching for a "crock", or pot, of some sort, with a cover to make bread.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments. Please leave one!