Saturday, March 19, 2011

Fabric, A Quilt Show, Amish Country

Guess where I have been this week...

It involved a long road trip...

Lots of beautiful scenery...

A tote bag filled with magazines and patterns...

Many, many fellow quilters...

A quilt show...

Several quilt shops, with fantastic prices...



And the Amish countryside, with Amish farms, buggies, kids, families, etc., etc., everywhere!


Oh I was in my happy place! And spring had arrived there too. I didn't need my coat...just my list and a pair of comfy shoes.

I had a blast!

And I bought a bit of fabric...cause I needed more...


With this little pile I'm going to start on my 1930's Grandmother's Fan quilt in memory of my Grandmothers who passed on to me their love of the "womanly arts." I had sew much fun hunting for these fabrics. I can't wait to start!




2 comments:

  1. Lancaster is one of my happy places also. I always buy fabric on our trips there and enjoy the food.
    Gita

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments. Please leave one!