Monday, March 21, 2011

Welcome Spring!

I love spring anywhere, but if I could choose I would always greet it in a garden. ~Ruth Stout


Spring is here...finally.
And with spring comes yard clean-up, longer days, birdsong in the mornings upon waking, mild breezes, buds on trees, daffys poking through the soil, spring jackets, longer walks outside...
You get the picture.

We are in a season of Lent. I haven't given anything up for Lent. But I am reflecting...

During this early Spring season, I'm reflecting on birth, new life, renewal, and transformation as we move from the cold, barren state of winter to the early days of spring.

God speaks to us through creation.

We are transitioning from bare trees, grey skies, brown grass, and barren gardens to hints of new growth ready to burst. Bits of green are appearing on lawns and in fields. Trees are beginning to swell with buds. Daffodils are poking their bright green stems through the earth.

Each spring, I look for these early signs of newness in my surroundings and I eagerly anticipate being able to get out and play in my garden.

Spring. God's wake up call to the earth.


Spring shows what God can do with a drab and dirty world. ~Virgil A. Kraft







No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments. Please leave one!