Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Some Favorite Things

 Good morning!
What a beautiful morning it is...before the heat of the day hits I am wandering in my garden. Wanna come?
As I look carefully at the spring perennials, I am taking note
of the colours God has put together.
As a quilter, I'm always looking for inspiration, colour-wise.

Pink and Green, like the bleeding hearts.




Blue and yellow in the forget-me-nots

Lime Green


Cornflower blue...ahhh, love blue.

Chipmunks...but they don't belong in a quilt. (Squirrels do, eh Henrietta!)
Are these chipmunks or mice? Don't know. Whatever, a cute pic. They
are playing in the garden...

More inspiration from my surroundings this morning. I'm going to lace up my running shoes and go for a walk down by the water. Refresh the soul, you know.

I'll take my camera along and see what is of interest...beyond my backyard.

And when the heat sets in this afternoon, I'll be down under enjoying the different colours in my quilt studio.
 I am working on the dresden plate right now. Just about
to post the plates to the background. I'll show you when I've got one block done.

Have a joyful day. It's all we have, you know. That's what my morning devotions said. Don't worry about tomorrow, today has enough worries of its own. We only have today. Live it out well, my friend. It's all we have.



 

 







1 comment:

  1. I do believe those are hamsters. =)

    I'm excited to see your dresden plates! I found a template to make a teeny tiny dresden plate here:

    http://www.gallopingpony.com/pdfdownloads/ChristmasDoorHangar.pdf

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments. Please leave one!